Sustainability and green technology has moved to the forefront of America’s, and the world’s, collective conscious.
What it isn’t
* Lone scientific voices in the woods talking about impending climate change disasters.
* Al Gore pushing the “Inconvenient Truth” boulder up the hill.
* “Tree huggers” spouting hard left views based on altruism.
What it is
* The DOE pushing weatherproofing jobs to bolster the economy.
* The latest James Bond movie talking centering on environmental espionage via the water supply.
* Cisco, GE, Intel and other corporate giants announcing Smart Grid funding and initiatives.
* The inflection point where green is now being equated with $$$.
The questions that remain
* What is the best technology to deploy, and in what order?
* What’s working today and what makes sense for tomorrow?
* Is the power for change in the hands of businesses, individuals, or both?
The answers hinge in large part on market understanding and education Making sense of the vast amounts of information now flooding both consumers and corporations . It comes down to how, why and where leaders and innovators are getting the word out.
We’ll be tracking the successes and lessons specifically around the communications efforts and strategy around sustainability. Stay tuned….